Offline SilvasRuin

• Encyclopedia Tyria
  • +7/-0
    • View Profile
Missed Living World season 1?
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:08:56 am »
I've found a video that lays out the entirety of LWS1. I do believe it got the original Karka invasion out of order, but it introduces it when it is relevant, so there's no harm done there. It just makes it seem like there was a lot less time passing between Canach's disappearance and his return. There's probably some other details out of order as well. I'm pretty sure the Thaumanova Reactor fractal was not released during this season, but I guess its inclusion is fine as the events are relevant.

This video was stitched together from various other videos from around the GW2 community. Prepare yourself for some less than stellar audio and for a lot of mispronunciations. Skip to 12:19 if you only care about what was in-game and not the micro stories that were given to us on the GW2 site. There is a bit of content skipped here and there, but that's unfortunately to be expected. This includes but is not necessarily limited to the gradually intensifying refugee situation preceding the Molten Alliance events, the majority of the Tower of Nightmares interior (which the fractal is not accurate to), Scarlet's war/steam portal invasion, Tequatl's power up and Rox's orders to hunt it (Rytlock REALLY gave her the runaround), most of the Aetherblade activities in the mists (we never did see Mai Trin again after she was broke free), the probe investigations, and the boss battles of the siege of Lion's Arch.

Considering how season 1 was delivered, I'm sure there's details most people overlooked, even those among us who played through most of it. Here's a few things I overlooked: One of Scarlet's plans was thoroughly a failure. They actually tied things up and hinted at the future pretty well in the final investigation before the siege of Lion's Arch. How the siege of Lion's Arch was a prototype for Dragon's Stand.
Rox used to be the assertive one between her and Braham, and Rox doesn't appear to be all that superstitious anymore.
I suggest paying particular attention to the Zephyrites, the hints at the involvement of Glint, and the implications that the fight against the dragons isn't what we thought it was. There are more hints of the latter sprinkled elsewhere (especially in regards to the balance of magic in Tyria), but the point is that ANet's claims and implications about when they made certain decisions are pretty dubious and they've shown a fondness for half-truths.

On the other hand, if I may give a personal opinion here, no amount of seeing the bigger picture will justify the stupidity of the Molten and Toxic Alliances. The dredge abhor slavers to the point where they want to erase dwarves from history even if only some of the dwarves were actually guilty of such, and the charr, the flame legion especially, are well known for their historic enslavement of the grawl. Meanwhile, the krait are extremely xenophobic, and holding their prophets' writings hostage would only work for a short time, either until they have those writings handed over or they lose their limited patience.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:16:49 am by SilvasRuin »

Offline Bellatrixa

• +1/-0
  • Ghost of Christmas BDSM
    • View Profile
Re: Missed Living World season 1?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 05:54:08 pm »
Finally got around to watching this after a couple of months, so figured this would be the best place to post my thoughts (especially as you're not around on Discord atm Silvas). Going to chuck it all behind a spoiler as I'm going to throw in some PoF-related stuff. Be warned, it's very stream of conscious after a pretty busy day though so apologies if I have a case of the dumbs with some of my comments.

(click to show/hide)

I'll probably find more shit on a second watch, will admit I was bloody tired when I started watching this evening but had 5 hours to kill so figured I'd get the first viewing in.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:55:54 pm by Bellatrixa »