Offline Tiggalicious

• Local Hitler
  • +1/-0
  • Eat. Sleep. Rift. Repeat.
    • View Profile
Site Suggestions
« on: March 14, 2016, 06:31:42 pm »
  • Proper scaling - Random headers in the middle of my screen. dafuq?
  • Better Colors - Why does the site look like windows vista home screen?
  • Add Calendar Events - Guild Missions, Dungeon Nights, Man Meat Monday
  • GW2 Plugins - Something similar to GW2 efficiency on a minor scale would be nice

Bellatrixa

Re: Site Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:47:09 am »
A few of my own to add:

- Introduction section on forums so new members can get to know people in the guild and introduce themselves. Could have a 'Meet the Officers' thread stickied so people know who to ask for help/info regarding what. That'd link in nicely to the mentor program that seems to have lost its way. Added this myself but leaving the info here for reference.
- Time zone options on forum for members to select their local time - currently 6 hours behind for me. If there's already a way to do this, then I've not found it and apologise.
- Skype info field on profiles (who the heck uses AIM/YIM now anyway?).
- Forum events:
  - Hide and Seek? We have plenty of shit in the guild bank for prizes. Would also help people's site activity. Someone goes somewhere, hides UI, takes a screenie. People post their attempts to find the spot in a thread, we pick a winner based on post number via RNG so people have equal opportunities to get their entry in.
- Forum rank naming competition or keep guild ranks on site? I'm not fussed either way - the former would increase/encourage activity but the latter would be less confusing although could alienate RIOT members who don't play GW2.
- Posting ranks could be fun to get people actively participating. It's not like we'd really have a problem with shitposters as we have plenty of people to move/merge/delete posts if that happens.
- A way to make events recurring/not post to a subforum - again, if there's a way to do this then I've missed it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:21:03 am by Bellatrixa »

Offline batman

• Marisa Thalberg For President.
  • +71/-0
  • Don't Die
    • View Profile
    • I also own these forums
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:37:11 am »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
- Time zone options on forum for members to select their local time - currently 6 hours behind for me. If there's already a way to do this, then I've not found it and apologies.
You can change it by going to: Profile > Modify Profile(Above your picture) > Look and Layout (Not sure why it'd be under that but it is)

- Skype info field on profiles (who the heck uses AIM/YIM now anyway?).
I'll go ahead and add them. AIM/YIM were added by default.

- Hide and Seek? We have plenty of shit in the guild bank for prizes. Would also help people's site activity. Someone goes somewhere, hides UI, takes a screenie. People post their attempts to find the spot in a thread, we pick a winner based on post number via RNG so people have equal opportunities to get their entry in.
I suppose we can do that, Would have to get approval from other officers and leader.

- Forum rank naming competition or keep guild ranks on site? I'm not fussed either way - the former would increase/encourage activity but the latter would be less confusing although could alienate RIOT members who don't play GW2.
Don't quite understand this one. Can you explain?

- Posting ranks could be fun to get people actively participating. It's not like we'd really have a problem with shitposters as we have plenty of people to move/merge/delete posts if that happens.
There already are posting ranks, I haven't gotten around to make a post with all the ranks. I believe they're at 50/100/200. There are more, not sure the exact post count.

- A way to make events recurring/not post to a subforum - again, if there's a way to do this then I've missed it.
I haven't looked into this but from what I know, You CANNOT make a recurring event on the calendar. Maybe make a post in the General Announcement section (Will show on front page).

PSA: Marisa Thalberg is the CMO of Taco Bell

Bellatrixa

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:56:01 am »
Don't quite understand this one. Can you explain?

Basically holding an open competition for people to name the posting ranks unless people want them kept as the default names. I noticed PrimetimeX saying in the shoutbox that he's not a Newbie and his in game rank is Riot Loyal. I'm not sure what Simple Machines is like with member groups and permissions on moving people into them. People can always use custom titles if they dislike their posting ranks regardless.